LONDON: One of the most remarkable days in the recent history of the FA Cup saw home upsets against outsiders for Premier top two Chelsea and Manchester City as well as Southampton and Tottenham.

Third division Bradford served up the sharpest shock by hitting back from two goals down to beat Chelsea 4-2 at Stamford Bridge while City sunk 2-0 at home to second division Middlesbrough.

Former Boro winger Andy Halliday was Bradford’s hero as he fired home from outside the box to give Phil Parkinson’s men a stunning lead with eight minutes left in west London. Victory was secured when substitute Mark Yeates fired home deep into seven minutes of stoppage time.

The visitors’ starting line-up cost just £7,500 – paid to non-league Guiseley for James Hanson in 2009 – while the total fee for Chelsea’s parade of stars almost reached £200m.

Jose Mourinho’s men had won all 10 of their home Premier League games so far this term but Bradford signalled their own intentions early when Andrew Davies forced a point-blank save out of Petr Cech in the 14th minute.

Gary Cahill put Chelsea in front on 21 minutes and Ramires made it two but Jon Stead reduced the deficit before half-time and former Chelsea junior Filipe Morais grabbed a surprise equaliser on 75 minutes before the late drama.

In the north-west Aitor Karanka’s Boro were fashioning a result of similar magnitude as goals from Patrick Bamford and Kike sunk Manuel Pellegrini’s stars.

Boro keeper Tomas Meijas kept his side in the game with a series of stunning saves in the first half before Bamford – on loan from Chelsea – put the visitors in front of 53 minutes after a poor Fernando backpass.

Bamford set up the second goal in stoppage time after putting Kike clear to shoot past Caballero.

Swansea left hungry

Nine-man Swansea were further top-flight casualties against lower level opposition as they crashed out 3-1 at Blackburn in the lunchtime kick-off.

The visitors had Kyle Bartley sent off after only seven minutes but still took the lead when Gylfi Sigurdsson struck a stunning opener three minutes later.

But Rovers drew level two minutes later through Chris Taylor and substitute Rudy Gestede put the home side in front 12 minutes later.

Craig Conway made it 3-1 in the 89th minute before Sigurdsson was sent off for a reckless lunge on Taylor in injury time.

Late goals from Leonardo Ulloa and Jeffrey Schlupp saw Leicester hit back from behind to beat Tottenham 2-1 at White Hart Lane.

Spurs looked set to ease home in a low-key encounter after Andros Townsend hit a 19th-minute penalty past 42-year-old Foxes debutant Mark Schwarzer.

But Ulloa steered home a low left-foot equaliser before Dutchman Schlupp stole the show deep into injury time with another left-foot strike.

Marouane Chamakh scored twice to continue Alan Pardew’s winning run as Crystal Palace boss with a 3-2 victory over Southampton at St Mary’s.

All five goals came in a breathless first 39 minutes with Graziano Pelle putting Saints in front on nine minutes before Chamakh equalised two minutes later.

A Scott Dann own goal restored the hosts’ advantage but Yaya Sanogo’s rising effort equalised for the Eagles and Chamakh got his second six minutes before the break.

Two goals from Victor Anichebe helped West Brom survive a tricky test against Midlands rivals Birmingham and win 2-1 at St Andrew’s.

The Baggies made the most of a sloppy start from the hosts with Anichebe hitting the opener on 25 minutes and notching his second 10 minutes later.

But the Blues rallied and made a game of it after Jonathan Grounds reduced the deficit with a low shot off the post in first-half injury time.

Sunderland had Jack Rodwell sent off as they battled out a dismal goalless draw against Fulham at the Stadium of Light.