LONDON: Liverpool increased the pressure on Swansea manager Francesco Guidolin after a late penalty from James Milner secured a 2-1 win at the Liberty Stadium to move them second in the Premier League table.

The Swans – winless since the opening day of the season and now out of the relegation zone only on goal difference – took the lead in the eighth minute when Leroy Fer scored from close range.

Roberto Firmino headed in an equaliser in the 54th minutes and with just six minutes left the Brazilian was fouled in the penalty area by Angel Rangel. Milner made no mistake from the spot.

Chelsea recovered from last week’s defeat at Arsenal with a 2-0 win at Hull. Willian curled in the Blues’ first from the edge of the penalty area on the hour, with Diego Costa doubling the lead six minutes later as he clipped the ball into the top corner.

A brilliant individual goal from Dimitri Payet helped West Ham secure a 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough at the London Stadium.

West Ham hit the crossbar late in the first half through captain Mark Noble and Boro went in front after 50 minutes through Christian Stuani, whose header from a corner was ruled to have crossed the line by the goal decision system.

The Hammers were level five minutes later after a brilliant solo effort from Payet, who picked up the ball on the left and beat several Boro players before clipping in a low angled shot.

Sunderland moved off the bottom after a late goal from substitute Patrick van Aanholt earned a 1-1 draw at home against West Brom.

Nacer Chadli scored his third goal in four Premier League games for the Baggies in the 35th minute with a neat finish from Matt Phillips’ defence-splitting pass.

However, with just seven minutes left, Van Aanholt’s scuffed shot looped into the net to give David Moyes’ men a point, which lifts them on goal difference above Stoke, who travel to Manchester United on Sunday.

Watford and Bournemouth played out an entertaining 2-2 draw at Vicarage Road.

The Cherries, who beat Everton last weekend, went ahead after half an hour when Callum Wilson flicked the ball past Watford goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes at the near post.

Watford, though, were level early in the second half when captain Troy Deeney drilled home a low shot five minutes into the second half.

Bournemouth took the lead again when substitute Joshua King scored in the 62nd minute moments after coming on, but the Hornets hit straight back three minutes later when Isaac Success headed in a first goal since his #12.5million summer transfer.

Midfielder Jack Wilshere, on loan from Arsenal, hit the woodwork for the second time in the match for Bournemouth, before Junior Stanislas’ free-kick also clipped the crossbar but neither side could conjure a winner.